Juvederm® – the softest of the hyaluronic acid filler – is derived from a natural substance which is found throughout the human body. Since it is so similar to your own tissue, there is no need for a sensitivity test.
“I wouldn’t trust my face to anyone else. Dr. Fitzgerald has the talent that makes everyone look completely natural. I’ve referred 10 of my friends and I’ll be referring more.” Gwenivere Snyder, Los Angeles – Actress
The treatment helps to ‘fill out’ and smooth away lines or wrinkles, acne scars and enhance the lip size and shape. Results are immediate with minimal recovery time. Juvederm is the most frequently chosen injectable filler for the lips because of its smooth, soft gel formula.
Juvederm comes in 2 lidocaine-enhanced “formulas” so it has the capacity to comfortably treat lips and fine lines or provide structural support for various corrections. Dr. Fitzgerald will choose the perfect formula (or combination of formulas) that best fits your skin’s correction needs. Read about the new Micro-Cannula “needle-less” injection technique.
What areas will Juvederm improve?
- Lip borders, vertical lip lines and wrinkles
- Corners of the mouth – drooping corners are uplifted
- Superficial forehead lines and crow’s feet
- Thinning lips (for increased volume – referred to as lip augmentation)
- Deep folds on the sides of the mouth – nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
What about using Juvederm with Botox?
Botox Cosmetic ® is proving to be an ideal partner treatment with fillers. By using Botox along with your wrinkle fillers, they’ll both last longer. It appears that by minimizing muscle contraction with Botox, the effects from your filler injections last longer. Dr. Fitzgerald finds that many patients can stretch out the time between treatments.
What if I need something more?
Some deeper creases, whether genetic and caused by aging – particularly deep nasolabial folds – are well-corrected by Perlane or Radiesse. Radiesse has been shown to last up to 18 and 24 months. When facial deflation or the natural loss of fat or bone support that comes with aging is a problem, then Dr. Fitzgerald may recommend Sculptra. Sculptra revolumizes areas that are imbalanced or have had fat loss and/or bone resorption. New Juvederm Voluma provides cheekbones in about 15 minutes and lasts up to 2 years.
Full Pre and Post Treatment Guides
Avoid for 10 to 14 days prior to injections
- Pain Relievers (Tylenol okay)
- Coumadin (get primary physician approval first)
- Fish oil
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Vitamin E
- Exotic or Herbal Supplements
- Have you ever had a cold sore? If so, please call our office and we will write you a prescription for Valtrex (an anti-viral)
**If you have been advised by your primary physician to take aspirin, be sure to get an okay first.
Have water or a little something to eat before arriving. We suggest you not eat right after treatments around the mouth – letting the product “settle” a few hours will give you the best results.
- Note: no alcohol for 24 hours after treatment
- No increased blood pressure (i.e. sauna, hot tub, exercise, cardio) for 4 hours post treatment (Helps prevent bruising)
- It is recommended that make up not be applied until 1 hour after treatment to allow the skin to breathe
- Avoid excessive facial expressions and strenuous exercise for 4 hours after your treatment. (This helps the product to “settle” without disturbing the location where it was injected.)
- Do not rub or massage the area for 24 hours.
- Redness and swelling may last for 1-2 days
- There is a risk of bruising which is only temporary and can be covered up with make-up.
- Juvéderm® provides effect for an average of 6-9 months. This effect varies depending on the type of skin, areas, and amounts injected.